A Sales Assistant at Michlin Metals performs sales support functions and excellent customer service. This is a very diversified position in our fast-paced office. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated and have strong organizational & communication skills. Room for advancement.
- Primary job is to supports sales with getting quotes, entering orders, customer communications including follow-ups and repeat sales
- With suppliers – processes RFQs, enter P.O.s; and expedites orders, as needed.
- Must be comfortable communicating with customers to ensure satisfaction
- Assist salesperson with customer inquiries and issues
- Will work regularly with receiving, shipping and other departments regarding details needed to fill and ship customer order
- Sales support or admin experience required
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel
- Must have ability to multi-task.
Job includes: Daily review of customer delivery date requirements and calling truck lines for rates.
Experience with shipping LTL common carriers, Flatbeds, UPS/FedEx. Would assist with finding and scheduling carriers, as needed. Knowledge of using carrier websites online preferred.
Assist with preparing shipping paperwork such as packing lists and bills of lading.
Ability to manage customer carrier requirements and maintain records in system.
Help with entering receiving documents as required
Would work closely with Shipping manager and handle other shipping related duties as necessary.
Add’l Experience in the following areas required:
Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and be able to manage spreadsheets . Must be comfortable reading documents to verify customer requirements.
Must have at least 3 years shipping, logistics assistant experience