MICHLIN METALS QUALITY MANAGER DUTIES
- To understand and ensure company achieves quality goals and adheres to the standards of ISO 9001:2015 & AS9120B. Keeping company current with the latest revision updates and handling all quality audits throughout the entire process to a successful conclusion. Must work toward continuous business improvement practices and processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical expertise, training, facilitation and tools to promote continuous improvement efforts across all departments as well as with customers and suppliers.
- Supports departments and suppliers with the application and implementation for continuous improvement. This includes promoting, training, coaching and assisting in the implementation. (Training includes all quality related topics including best practices and updates to procedures and latest revisions.)
- Develops individuals and teams within the company to create sustainable knowledge and skills for Quality Management implementation through coaching and mentoring. The aim being to allow the delegation of tasks or projects.
- Prepare company for all audits including updating Quality Manual, training personnel and handling all preparation for the audit based on the requirements of AS9120B.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND ATTRIBUTES
- Delegate tasks or projects to individuals skill, knowledge and abilities.
- Develop organizational talents, skills and competencies within the team.
- Empower individuals and teams to drive Quality Management activities.
- Manage by identifying Opportunities for Improvement and implementing continuous improvement actions/teams/processes to address and affect these.
- Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration.
DETAILED QUALITY MANAGER RESPONSIBILTIES
- Reviewing sales order packets to verify customer requirements and making sure they are met. Understand complete order flow through company.
- Working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Setting standards for quality.
- Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff.
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data.
- Making suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them.
- Using relevant quality tools and making sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the business.
- Making sure the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with competitors.
- Control and the distribution of all the company’s quality documentation.
- Monitor all quality related activities.
- Perform all internal and external audits on behalf of the company’s management.
- Verify purchase order quality requirements are specified to suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of the project quality management system. Recommend and implement improvements when required.
- Coordinate all QA/QC activities with the site managers.
- Coordinate all quality related correspondence with the customer's representatives.
- Action and close all customer complaints.
- Handle all customer quality surveys including Conflict Minerals and RoHS requests.
- Input all new customer’s quality requirements into QMS.
- Reviewing, updating and removing to obsolete customer requirements, as necessary.
- Maintaining and updated Approved Vendor, Processor & Freight Carrier Lists.
- Understand receiving of material and mill cert verification to ensure company has received the correct material prior to shipping. May assist with doing receiving, if necessary.
- May perform vendor/sub-contractor on site audits or visits if required.